Since 1879, Western Australia’s rail network has been fundamental in opening up the State to industries and opportunities.
As a business, we recognise the significance of our State’s rail heritage and are committed to its preservation, providing long standing financial and in-kind support to rail heritage associations and groups.
Brookfield Rail has provided financial and in-kind support to a number of heritage groups across Western Australia, including:
- Restoration and rehabilitation of the Rottnest Island Tourist Railway;
- Restoration and relocation of the Newdegate Railway Station to the Newdegate Machinery Field Day grounds;
- Corporate support for the Hotham Valley Railway, Wheatbelt Heritage Rail Project and Golden Mile Loopline project;
- Donation of a section of the Tenindewa Rail Bridge as a heritage monument in Tenindewa;
- In-kind and financial support to the Northampton Friends of the Railway, including sponsorship of the Northampton – Ajana Centenary Celebrations; and
- Donation of rail to the Denmark Machinery Restoration Group for its TrackSide Club Shed and the Carnarvon Heritage Town Tramway.
Many of our employees are passionate about the rail industry and its history, donating their time to assist in community projects and initiatives that are designed to preserve this rich history.
We recognise the significance of our State’s rail heritage and are committed to its preservation.